Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Will Ferrell = Genius

Except in the movie "Kicking and Screaming." You may not remember the movie - it came out about a year-and-a-half ago. It was kinda funny for the first 15 minutes and then it slowly got worse. Until it became unwatchable. In fact, it upsets me that I had this DVD sitting in my apartment for like 2 weeks (which I rented for free from my apartment complex) - I wish I would have just taken it back.

Granted there were some really funny lines in the first 10 minutes (and even a few sprinkled throughout the movie) and Ditka plays a main role in it, which is always a good time; however, Will is supposed to be a comedic genius. Obviously, Old School and Anchorman are awesome, Ricky Bobby was pretty funny and his role in Wedding Crashers (albeit small) is hilarious. So, what happened herrrrrre?

Looking at this from another perspective, why is it that after approximately 2 good movies, Mr. Ferrell makes some PG movie (remember Elf and Bewitched)? I have no read on this situation, and this needs to be fixed. We don't want this turning into another Adam Sandler situation where I don't even consider seeing his movies.

Anyway, avoid this movie (just go for clips if you must) unless you want to not laugh for 96 minutes or you really like Ditka and the old guy from Gone in 60 seconds.

No comments: