Monday, May 12, 2008

Samsung Shrinks Shia's SNL

I haven't written about this yet because I'm in denial, but about 3 months started to act a little schizo. It would take about 10 minutes to turn on (after flashing on and off the entire time). Turns out that's really f-ing annoying. So, I put it in a service request with Samsung thinking the issue would be resolved. Turns out it took 3 fucking months for Samsung to get the part for my less than 1-year-old TV (which they said they discontinued) to the repair people...which, of course, didn't fix the issue - so the service people took my TV back to their shop. I have no clue what they are doing there but I'm pretty sure there's a lot of masterbation/being douche-bags because there's not a lot of TV fixing happening.

Why am I telling you this now? I struggled through a week-and-a-half without a TV, hoping everyday that my TV would come back to me, but, sadly, it has not happened yet. Over the course of a week+, DVR'd TV really starts to back up. So tonight I caved and started watching TV - leading off with SNL.

It was new for the first time in forever and Shia LaBeouf was the host. One of the best recurring skits SNL has going right now is the MacGruber skits. Shia did a few of them and they were all pretty good.



I know I've already talked typed a lot but I want to give you a brief story before I show you another clip. Last summer Transformers came out and Megan Fox catapulted herself into the pop culture circle of my friends. Turns out she's hot. In any case, turns out my brother-in-law, AP, thought that the Megan's name was Shia LaBeouf, which my friend used to his advantage - culminating in a speaker phone call where AP told a car full of dude's that he thought Shia was unbelievably hot and he would do certain things that I cannot repeat here. With that in mind, here is another skit that's kinda funny (there were some funnier skits, but in context I don't think I laughed harder).



Here's the digital short from the week. It was ok - but I'm pretty sure it was just a shot at some country artists which makes it cool with me.



One side note on the episode - Keenan was prominently featured in about 4 skits. And 2 of them could have been funny, but he blew it (one was funny, despite him, and his news desk stuff isn't funny at all). Just about every time Keenan talked I wanted to kill myself. He is atrocious. Here is one skit featuring Keenan where I actually did laugh (not from him though).



Last note: it looks like SNL has finally figured out that putting all kinds of clips up on the Hulu makes sense. So, here's a link.

Have a good week.

No comments: