Thursday, March 01, 2007

What the Hell Happened to Avril Lavigne Part 2

You may have thought I was exaggerating when I brought this up before or you may think there are more important people going crazy, but I'm not kidding - what the hell happened to Avril?

Avril is very important to me for two reasons. First, she's on my guilty pleasures list, and, second, she's my psyche-up music. Some people like the Tunnel Walk, I like Sk8tr Boi. It just gets my blood pumping. Then I start putting my balls in their place. And by that I mean I start playing beer pong really well, just ask Ross. In no way was anything in that last paragraph gay - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Honestly, I think someone kidnapped Avril and replaced her with a Pink/Jessica Simpson hybrid. And that's just not cool.



I'm gonna be straight with you Avril, one mother f---er in that song does not make up for...whatever the hell it is.

What's even more diconcerting is the rate at which the music stars from my late high-school/early college career are disappearing. First Britney, then Tonya Harding, now Avril...if things keep happening at this rate, this will be the Backstreet Boys in a few months:



The best part of that video might be the kid in the back playing World of Warcraft or whatever those crazy asians college kids do.

Also, let's be honest, I wasn't a big fan of Tonya Harding - I just wanted you to show you a picture of her now. She needs to mix in a few salads.

2 comments:

D Wheezy said...

I concur. Avril has official gone down the shitter. Anybody else get the feeling that her latest video is just a lamer version of an old Maria Carry video?

Lamer version of Maria Carry? Didn't realize it was possible. I wish Avril would go back to being dangerously emo.

MajorLB said...

I'm pretty sure that the word 'princess' cancels out the preceding motherf***ing. However, I can't get this song out of my head.