Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Post #300: It's vs. Its....and Crazy Japanese Stuff

Simple math lesson to start the day. If you add up the post numbers on the side under the "Previously on the Skeet Thrower" section, what number to you get?

300! (For those of you reading this through a reader, you'll just have to trust me).

That's right its post #300, and it only took me around 290 or so to get the its versus it's thing squared away. For some reason I had those two mixed up. I'm not grammar crazy or anything, but that kinda stuff bothers me. I don't know.

Anyway, its the big 300, but I don't have any major site changes like #200 when I changed the layout and the style of posting. That said, I think I have something better coming - it will be here on Friday (I was going to try and time it so that it coincided with this post, but I decided to keep posting rather than have a bunch of empty days) - a new feature that will alter your Fridays forever...or whenever I post them. Also, I plan to start unveiling the 2K8 BCS lists, so be on the lookout for those.

Celebrating the 300th post is kinda like turning 24 - not really that big of a deal. So without any further ado, here's just a standard post, I guess.

You may or may not know, but spring training for baseball started last week. In honor of that, here's an awesome video from the 1986 LA Dodgers - as you can imagine, its ridiculous.



While we the crazy Dodgers/Bears were making those videos in the 80's, let's see what Japan does for baseball today.



Pretty weird, huh? Speaking of weird/funny, if you haven't seen Japan's version of "We Are The World," you need to watch this now.



Thanks for reading, whether this is your first post or your 300th...and keep coming back.

3 comments:

MajorLB said...

So...are you purposely using the wrong it's/its in this post? I'm confused.

D Wheezy said...

Congrats on your 300th post good sir. For the love of all that is holy never stop. Never stop. I don't know what I'd do without you to filter the internet for me.

Double M said...

Laura - Yes, I purposely used the wrong its/it's in this post. Just for the irony.