Friday, June 15, 2007

Casual Dress Friday: Filet-O-Fish

Last night was a good night for me. I left work before 5, worked out for the first time in like 3 weeks, ate a delicious tex-mex dinner, got to spend some quality time with the wife and watched my Spurs pick up their 4th championship over the Cavs, who, basically, didn't put up a fight. Good times for me.

I know a lot of you aren't Association fans, but if you follow pop-culture at all, you know that Tony Parker, the newly crowned NBA Finals MVP, is marrying BCS Top 5 Chicas member, Eva Longoria (I'd crash it, but its in France...). Anyway, my theory as to why Tony won the MVP? Eva closed off the box during the playoffs. Seriously. Since we've seen how that's turned out, I guess I should be thanking her except that I have a sneaking suspicion that she was debating whether she should hook-up with the G.O.A.T., Michael Jordan (that's a recent pic, by the way - I'd say he's fallen off, but if you're putting in time with Eva, I guess you're not doing that bad). Anyway, hopefully Eva doesn't come down with herpes like recent tennis champion (and heinously ugly chica) Justine Henin-Hardene.

Anyway, obviously, when you watch sports, you see a bunch of commercials. Too many. So most of the time I tune them out, but every once in a while, one catches my attention. One of them that caught my attention - Zach Braff's Wendy's Triple Stack commercial. Honestly, does Braff have to stoop to fast-food commercials? That's the best you can pull? Look, I get it, George Clooney is the voice of Budweiser, but that's beer not a f-ing squared cheeseburger. Speaking of Clooney, I saw Ocean's 13 last week and it was excellent. Still not as good as Ocean's 11, but very good as well.

Anyway, I love Scrubs as much as the next guy, but I guess we all have to realize that our expectations were just too high for Braff. In reality, he's really just a poor man's John Krasinski (aka, Jim), who made the injured reserve of Shorty's BCS Top 5. Think about it, Jim (I know him better as Jim) is on The Office (a better show than Scrubs), is less pretentious and, not having seen either movie, I'm going to guarantee that Jim's movie with Mandy Moore will be better than Zach's movie from this summer. I guess it could be worse. He could be doing flea market commercials.

Speaking of bad commercials, here's a McDonald's commercial for a Filet-O-Fish from Napoleon Dynamite's Aaron Ruell (aka Kip). I don't like it, although it appears to be as polarizing as the movie.



McDonald's has really fallen off from their glory days.



Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

D Wheezy said...

Fallen off from their glory days?

Jordan and McDonald's both.

At least Larry hasn't.

Jon said...

Filet-o-fish.

No.

YES, ITS FUNNY!~