Friday, June 29, 2007

Casual Dress Friday: Peacing Out

Its a Casual Dress Friday here at the Skeet Thrower, and everybody should be glad I'm posting again today (three in a row!) just so that Rosie picture gets moved down. My goodness, that thing is atrocious.

Anyway, many of you may be a little nervous right now because the title includes the phrase "Peacing Out." Well, fear not, nothing's gonna stop (that's a classic song right there) me from skeet throwing; however, I am making a big life change. Today, I'm officially quiting (careful on the language with that one boys and girls) the job I've worked at since college and taking a job with some of my friends at a start-up company. Unlike that Half Baked clip, its a happy ending for me and I've already sent out a sappy email at work, so we'll skip all that here. Suffice it to say, I will miss my coworkers a lot.

I don't have a lot of regrets about leaving my job, as I have done a pretty good job of accomplishing everything I set out to do. That said, I do wish I would have incorporated more dance time into my daily routine - just like these people.



That is a prime example of why people like me shouldn't dance. But who can resist the electric slide? On a side-note, did you know that the guy who "created" the electric slide filed some crazy lawsuit claiming people should pay him for it? Back to dancing...let's be honest - the real reason I didn't dance much is because I'm lazy and out-of-shape. I get tired just typing these posts, no way I could dance everyday. In fact, here's an example of what would happen to me if I danced with any sort of regularity:



That's right, I'd rip the lid off of it get winded.

Anyway, just because I'm leaving my current job, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop skeet throwing. No, I'll keep the fire going, hopefully posting at the same rate (at least until my wife kills me for spending too much time on the internets). So, with that, I'll say adios to everyone at my first real jobby-job. Let's remember the good times and sweep the bad things under the rugs. Thanks for the memories, kids.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: