Friday, June 08, 2007

Casual Dress Friday: TV Next Year

Its a Casual Dress Friday here at the Skeet Thrower and rather than complain about the lack of TV right now (...except for the excellent Real World/Road Rules Challenge - The Inferno III - that thing is awesome and, coincidentally, the only MTV show I watch anymore), I figured I would look ahead to next year.

Obviously, Lost and 24 (they are re-doing it somehow) will be great. The Office will continue to be funny and several other shows I enjoy will return. However, when I first heard about it, a show that caught my eye was Cavemen. Cavemen is a show based on the GEICO caveman commercials. When I read about the pilot for this show, I thought that it could have been pretty funny...but then I watched this clip.

How does this get on the air? That clip was not funny. Meanwhile, I just finished watching the first season of Arrested Development and I'm still baffled as to how a show that could produce clips like this got taken off of the air.



TV executives are dumb. They cancelled AD and they have David Blaine doing some of the worst NBA commercials ever. If they were gonna use a magician, couldn't they have just used Gob Bluth?

At least they figured out that Lost should follow the 24 style and wait until after football to start the season. But I digress, Cavemen could be funny, but I'd much rather they make a television show out of these guys.



I guess they tried with that Jerry Lambert on the painfully slow Sons & Daughters. I don't know. Whatever they make, I bet that it would be better than Cavemen.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: