Monday, May 14, 2007

Ghost Ride Your Whip

Here at the Skeet Thrower, I like to keep my ear to the streets. The benefits are two-fold:

  1. I keep my connections to the hood

  2. I feel like I can provide something "educational" to all my readers
I then take my knowledge from the streets and give the important things to the 'burbs. Why am I bringing this up? Because a sensation is starting to get legs in the steets (as evidenced by getting a few references in some hip-hop songs) and may cross-over into mainstream rather soon. The phrase is "Ghost Ride the Whip" (not to be confused with the Ghost Rider). I've linked the Urban Dictionary if you want the "Official" description, but effectively, you throw your car in neutral, get out of your car and dance like an idiot.

Still confused? This video should help out. I call it Ghost Ride the Short Bus:



I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, the tricked out bus or the ghost riding. Also, if you did not laugh at anypoint during the video (specifically, at the dude that has just his legs hanging out of the window or the fact that they have multiple camera men), please leave the site now.

Assuming that you are still reading, you enjoyed the video and you probably want to see more. Well you are in luck - I dug through a lot of video (I might have too much time on my hands) and found some of the best. My favorite two are shown below.

First, this is apparently what happens if your a white-boy an idiot that tries to show-off your ghost riding talents too many times in a row.



I want to punch that guy in the face. Also, I hope that isn't fake because that is hilarious. I wonder what the theif was thinking:

"What an idiot! He's just standing on his car yelling...wait...there's no one in that car. I am going to straight jack it.

My other favorite is this video. I'm not going to say anything other than this one should be renamed "Ghost Ride the Whip 10-year Old Girl's Bike."



I don't think I laughed harder at any other video when I was doing my research. I don't own a bike, but I might buy one just so I can replicate that video.

You may have thought those two guys were idiots, but trust me, there's more. Want proof? Here are some examples (don't try to go to the blog in that video - it's a trap). Now, if only we can get Bauer to do some Ghost Riding the next time he rides a vehicle...

Hope you learned something today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hot stuff, M^2! To prove what a nerd I am, I'm already thinking about how we could use NI products to let ghostriders control their cars while their outside dancing. -- Todd

D Wheezy said...

I wonder if the guy who got hsi car jacked gave the police his video tape as evidence. That's got to be embarrassing.

On another note - I think that's the 4th time you've linked the Fayed v Bauer fight. I love it.

MajorLB said...

I'm thrilled to see you finally recognize the phenomenon that is "sweeping" the nation. Although I am a little disappointed that it showed up on a CW network show before here.

My friend wanted to ghost ride in the neighborhood east of campus, but I was worried about the jacking situation.

Double M said...

Todd: Nerdy? Yes. Practical? Yes.

Wheezy: I love that damn fight. I probably watch it once a week...Bauer is my BCS #1.

Laura: Ghost riding has been around a long time - I just only bring it to the table once I think its important for the mainstream to know what its about. Also, I don't count the CW as a network.

zachleat said...

Ghost Ride the Short Bus -- priceless.