Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ron Burgundy Reemerges

I've been saving this video for a while (a slow day or a day when I don't have time to post), but I figured with Will Ferrel's new movie coming out soon, you'll get enough of him so saving it doesn't matter.

Anyway, a couple weeks back, Ron Burgundy reemerged to interview Tom Izzo, the head coach of the Michigan State Spartans men's basketball team. It's Burgundy/Ferrell, so you already know whether you'll think it's funny or not. I laughed quite a bit, if for no other reason than it was some fresh Burgundy material.



Understanding completely that Blades of Glory and Talladega Night's weren't great, I don't understand how people can be negative about Will Ferrell. He was genius on SNL, his parts in The Ladies Man, Night at the Roxbury, Old School were magic, and Anchorman is a classic in my book. I get that he's just reprising the same roles, but if it makes you laugh, why not embrace it?

No comments: