Friday, May 11, 2007

Casual Dress Friday: What the Hell Happened to Luke Wilson?

It's a casual dress Friday here at the Skeet Thrower and around here its a fairly common thing for me to ask "What the hell happened to fill in celebrity name here?". For examples, see here, here and here. But today I'm asking what in the hell happened to Luke Wilson.

I used to love L-Dub. Old School, Blue Streak, a cameo in Anchorman, The Royal Tenenbaums...he used to be awesome.

Luke Wilson, what in the hell happened to you? Did you get kicked out of the cool club or do you just keeping gettin lost in movie studios that are filming horrible movies that feature the word "Blonde"?

Wait...you don't know what I'm talking about? Luke Wilson is filming a new movie called Blonde Ambition.



You realize this movie features Jessica Simpson, right? Her last two movies were Employee of the Month and The Dukes of Hazzard. You don't see a pattern here? Don't be duped by her bresticles, Jessica Simpson is not a good actress (although I guess she had a lot of people convinced that she was actually married to Nick Lachey).

I don't know what you did to the "New Rat Pack" but please get back on their good side because, apparently, when you make movie decisions on your own, you fail miserably.

On the plus side, maybe he'll have to follow the path of Jason Lee. He was in all kinds of movies but had to take a trip back to TV land for one of my favorite shows "My Name is Earl" (which ended its 3rd season last night), which has brought us clips like this.



So, maybe it won't all be a bad thing, Luke. Maybe you can turn it around after all.

Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Ross said...

Don't forget to mention Idiocracy one of the WORST MOVIES EVER. Also, I'm confused how the heck blogger.com knew that this was me, as this is the first time I have used this computer and it's all the way in Panama.

Double M said...

Wow. I'm honored that you would take the time to read and post from Panama.

And I remember you saying how bad Idiocracy was, but I couldn't comment since I never saw it.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure - apparently Luke Wilson makes a cameo in Blades of Glory as a sex class counselor (meaning he may not have pissed off Ferrel). I didn't remember it, though, so it doesn't count. Perhaps it was overshadowed by the linked scene.