Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm Bringing Rexy Back....YEAH!

Alright, it took me almost a week, four 24, some work cancelled due to "inclement weather" and me being mad at the San Antonio Spurs (my favorite Association team) for blowing the game against the Lakers, but now I'm ready to move on from last weekend's football massacre.

Two things that were awful that happened:

  1. The San Diego Super Chargers lost. This hurt doubly because not only had I adopted them for the playoffs, but they lost to the hated Patriots.

  2. The Colts won, which isn't that bad, except now I had to hear a weeks worth of Indy vs. New England BS on the World Wide Leader.
Fortunately, these pains have been relieved by three things:
  1. LT went off on the Pats, making for some good drahma for the next few years. (Even the Pro Bowl in Hawaii because Belichick is coaching).

  2. I avoided SportsCenter all week, there by missing all of the Indy vs. New England hype

  3. Wheezy provided me a new theme song for the New Orleans Saints (below), my second team for the playoffs. You can call me a bandwagon guy, but who isn't rooting for them except for Bears fans (sorry, Galante)? Plus, I like Josh Bullocks, Scott Shanle, Trevor Johnson and DeJaun Groce (who was exciting everytime he touched the ball). Well, love is prettty strong for Trevor Johnson, but everyone else is cool.

I can hear the complaints: "Why so many sports posts lately?" and "Are you gonna become a 'Sports' blog?". Four reasons:
  1. It's the playoffs and once their done there really isn't football for a long time.

  2. I'm a man. And like Ron Burgundy says, "I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am." What does that have to do with football? If you're a man like me and Burgundy you know.

  3. The Saints are "America's Team" this year. Who doesn't want to hear more about them?

  4. Finally, I have a good video for this post.

So, without further ado, here is the New Orleans Saints new theme song. It's really just "Gonna Fly Now." with a dude jumping around. Not as much fun to sing, but I'll prolly still do it. I don't have 5 reasons why I like this song or I would give you another list. So, in absence of the list, just enjoy the video.



Is that dude Dog the Bounty Hunter? I don't know, but this video has me back in the NFL spirit.

Well, its that video and this video. Since I know a few Bears fans read this blog, I can't leave you hanging without a video of your own. So, here's a Kissing Suzy Kolber production (with a production name like that, how can it not be good), Rexy Back. This one might have some words on the pictures that are minorly NSFW. Its not NSFW on the whole, but perhaps there are some words that could be construed as NSFW. None are said though - I don't think.

No comments: