Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday + Man Crush = 24

It's Monday, and now that Monday Night Football is no longer on TV, it means that 24 (or, if you're a hoser from Canada, "24-hour countdown") is the dominant program on Monday nights. So, that means today would be a great day to talk about 24.

If you haven't seen this year's 24 (and I'm not sure why you would not have seen it because I have talked about 24 a ton here) and you plan to watch it in the future, you might want to skip down if you want to avoid semi-spoilers...

Begin Spoilers

- Curtis, aka, Black Tony, his recent actions notwithstanding, was the shit.

- Wayne Palmer was bold in season 3 and season 5. This nambly, pambly President Logan bullshit is not like him.

- How come they had to kill one dominant black character this season and make the other one a wuss?

End Spoilers

Anyway, someone emailed me this site last week and I thought I would pass it along to you:

Jack Bauer Kill Count

It details by season and episode how Jack killed people on 24. Even better, it provides photo and video evidence. It is freaking awesome. I linked to season 5, but exercise caution because if you click on season 6, you may see kills from episodes you haven't seen yet. I guess that applies to any of the seasons, but if you love 24 like me, you'll enjoy this.

And yes, I have man crush on Jack Bauer. He's BCS number 1 in the man crush category. Right in front of Will Smith. Bauer is so good, 24 is known as "24 Inmortal" in Mexico. Now I don't speak Spanish, but clearly they think Bauer is an immortal being and have renamed the show as such.

Speaking of Espanol. Here is a video of Ron Burgandy singing his version of "Spanish Lady"



OK, back to 24. I'll leave you with these two (2) clips.

1) I'm not sure what this advertisement is for, but I want it.


2) I guess if you're bored with 24 (what?!) you could use the Jack Bauer Drinking Game:


Throw in "trust me" and the look of death and you'd be wasted about 10 minutes into every hour. It might be more effective than that damn "Take a Shot Everytime Chevy's 'This Is Our Country' Commercial Comes On" drinking game. I hate that commercial.

Finally, every Monday during 24, I'll leave you with a Bauerism. My Monday posts won't usually be about 24, but once in a while is ok. Anyway, here's to you Jack Bauer.

The city of Los Angeles once named a street after Jack Bauer in gratitude for his saving the city several times. They had to rename it after people kept dying when they tried to cross the street. No one crosses Jack Bauer and lives.


In other news, I watched a lot of tennis this weekend. I saw this chick and then I saw her picture.



I think we can now move Serena Williams into the Suge Knight All-Stars who's motto is "If I run into you in the streets, I'm running the other way."

1 comment:

D Wheezy said...

Team Karen for real. Jim needs to get a clue and Pam needs to realize she missed the boat.