Friday, October 05, 2007

Casual Dress Friday: Shipoopi

Its a Casual Dress Friday here at the Skeet Thrower, and, although you may not guess it by reading this blog, I spend a lot of time at nights doing grown up stuff. Whether its paying bills, cleaning or VPNing into work, I am pretty much always doing something grown up...unless I'm playing Wii or writing a post.

The benefit of staying up late to do grown-up stuff? I watch a lot of TV. For instance, most nights I try to watch QuizNation, especially when it is hosted by my girl Shandi (although now that real TV has started again, I tend to watch what I've recorded on my DVR). I don't know how many of you make it up this late to watch TV, but one of the best parts is the ridiculous commercials. For instance, I see the commercial for Endless Pools every night (if not a couple times a night). The damn commercial has one of the worst spokesman ever - Its a shirtless, 40-year-old dude with bad chest hair. Not who I'd want selling my pool.

That said, to be successful, I think all late night TV commercials should be ridiculous. For instance, check out these Vern Fonk Insurance commercials.



What is "Shipoopi?" I have no clue but I think I'm gonna start saying it. Listen closely in this next one, I think he says "Log on the intermet."



Now that's someone I'd buy something from. I don't even need insurance and I'm considering buying some where ever he's selling it.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Shabutie said...

fucking brilliant