Monday, October 08, 2007

What Is The McDLT?

Do you watch 30 Rock? If not, you should. Generally, it is pretty funny. I'm pretty sure it got good ratings in its first season and the run of My Name Is Earl, 30 Rock and The Office is 2 hours of comedy that makes me really laugh (yes, I know some people don't like Earl, but I love it).

In any case, I don't know why, but 30 Rock appears to be blowing their load at the beginning of this season with tons of celebrity cameos, starting with Jerry Seinfeld. If you didn't watch it, this was one of the funniest clips.



Ironically, that is also how I felt this weekend after I witnessed Nebraska get demolished by the bastards at Mizzou first hand. Maybe that clip is only funny if you know the characters - I don't know. One person that probably will not be on that show is Jason Alexander, even though he was also funny on Seinfeld. Fortunately, he's got commercials to fall back on. Here's one featuring Jason Alexander of Seinfeld fame selling a sandwich I've never heard of, the McDLT.



I guess that's pretty old - I think they actually tried to repackage that as the Arch Deluxe years later. I guess they couldn't afford Jason then. Its too bad because that prolly could have made it. Anyway, how about that full head of hair on George Jason. I can't tell if its a bad wig or if that's really how his hair looked. Either way, well done, Jason; although, I'm a little disappointed you couldn't get into this 80's commercial.



Just imagine if Jason, with all that hair, was jumping rope with that gigantic purple Dots candy guy.

1 comment:

D Wheezy said...

Those kids forgot the apostrophe in McDonald's.