Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Let Me Tell You Why My Life's A Trainwreck

So, my wife is on fall break. This is a good thing for her...bad thing for me. We went to Elkhorn Omaha to see her parents after the beat-down on Saturday for the rest of the weekend. I came back on Sunday night, but Shorty stayed with her parents until yesterday afternoon (This is why I had no computer to write my post for yesterday - it was still with her in O-town).

In any case, by myself I watched a lot of TV, I got a lot done around the house (boring stuff I won't talk about) and I went to bed around the same time I normally do, only by myself (obviously, because Shorty is in Omaha). So this morning rolls around and I hear my alarms, and I had been dreaming that it was the weekend so I shut them off (I think, I don't really remember). 9:20am rolls around and I wake up and realize that its not the weekend and on weekdays I'm usually at work about 90 minutes earlier than it was right now.

It would be one thing if this happened once or twice, but if Shorty's not around this happens all the time. I have to set like 90 alarms and basically not sleep/wake up every hour-or-so in order to not be late. It happens often enough that my boss (who also happened to live with me throughout college) just assumed that's what happened and didn't worry about me. I could just disappear off the face of the earth and no one would know I was gone for like 10-20 hours. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Anyway, fortunately I have these two random dudes who can tell me how to get my dream life.



Ah the Internets. That's right. You know what? I love the Internets. You know what else I love? Monday Night Football. Here's a clip from MNF. I'm not sure when crowd shots became popular, but if I knew that, I might be able to figure out when people started realizing they were in a crowd shot and started doing stupid/awesome things. Don't know what I'm talking about? Tired of all the question marks in this paragraph? I have just the thing for you. I just missed this clip last night (I was walking down my steps between TVs...well, not the TVs, but the floors in my house that have TVs), but my boy Blair called me like 30 seconds after it happened to tell me about it. And, of course, it only took about 2 hours to show up on the Internets. See - that Internets thing is already paying off!

5 comments:

Shabutie said...

That was good. The End

Ross said...

Wow, I want the internet so I can be successful!

Double M said...

Anyone can have them, Ross. You just need to get a computer I think.

D Wheezy said...

I have a computer but I have yet to be successful. What am I missing?

Double M said...

Probably those suits. I think you also have to write out your emails first and then put them in the computer.