Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Is Billy Dee More Influential Than 2Pac and Biggie?

As I have stated previously, I grew up listening to tons of hip-hop. I watched a lot of Yo! MTV Raps and young BET to learn all about some of my favorite hip-hop artists. Of course, some two of my favorites 2Pac and Biggie were killed in their prime. They did not die before they were able to create commercials for St. Ides Malt Liquor.

Here's Biggie's:



And here's 2Pac's (featuring Snoop):



I'm not sure why those commercials are such poor quality. It's probably because St. Ides spent their entire budget getting the rappers and then filmed the commercials on hand-held video cams. They should have just gone with Billy Dee Williams.



I've never heard of St. Ides, but I definitely know about Colt 45. Let this be a lesson to you: Billy Dee always comes through.

3 comments:

D Wheezy said...

If only Billy Dee were still around today... maybe this could have been avoided...

Double M said...

I can only assume that you found that for your post yesterday and couldn't find a way to stick it in.

Well done, sir.

D Wheezy said...

I had thought of it before making the post and indeed mentally set it aside for use in said post, however after spending the time actually making the comic I kinda forgot about it.